Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Does anyone know when is the best time to thin Marnarta(bee balm) and coneflowers?

My Marnarta and cone flowers are taking over my bed, would like to thin and put into another bed. would spring be best , with the young shoots?Does anyone know when is the best time to thin Marnarta(bee balm) and coneflowers?
You can do it safely in the fall or early spring. I separate my perennials during either season. It seems easier in the spring since I have not gardened all winter. By the end of summer or fall I am a bit tired of working in the yard, lol. Good luckDoes anyone know when is the best time to thin Marnarta(bee balm) and coneflowers?
I subscribe to sunny's response, however, I would add never to divide and/or plant in the heat of the day particularly during super hot summer days. You'll not only shock the plant with dividing, but you'll be asking it to accept a new home, watering the heck out of it and all that during stifling weather. Try early morinings or early evenings.





Best,
  • dvr
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

     
    tanning products