Tuesday, June 22, 2010

What is the serenity prayer from akeelah and the bee?

i love the way it sounds. i want the exact words that was used on the movie!!!What is the serenity prayer from akeelah and the bee?
God grant me the serenity


to accept the things I cannot change;


courage to change the things I can;


and wisdom to know the difference.





the longer version continues, but is not as common...


Living one day at a time;


Enjoying one moment at a time;


Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;


Taking, as He did, this sinful world


as it is, not as I would have it;


Trusting that He will make all things right


if I surrender to His Will;


That I may be reasonably happy in this life


and supremely happy with Him


Forever in the next.


Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
tanning products