Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Is there a newer or more recent rifle model of the .218 bee?

i dont want to spend 1,000$ on a classic .218 bee, is there any newer models of that rifle? maybe more cheaper? i dont mind what action it is, bolt, lever, semi auto. whatever i just dont want to spend all my money. thanks.Is there a newer or more recent rifle model of the .218 bee?
Your best and better choice for performance and accuracy is to buy a 222 or 22-250 made by Remington or Savage, new or used.* If it has to be a 218 Bee then save up your $$$ and buy a good used Winchester Model 43 in 218 Bee Caliber.*Is there a newer or more recent rifle model of the .218 bee?
I could be way off base here, but I believe I just saw a revolver chambered in it the other day. Maybe it was a Taurus. I know they make the hornet, but I swear I saw one in 218 bee.
Respectfully I suggest a rifle chambered in a different cartridge -- The ammo isn't available everywhere. If you reloaded this wouldn't be a problem but its a time consuming hassle.....





The .218 had its heyday way back 50 years ago (if I recall right).... It was a fine cartridge but never really caught on.... I suppose for nostalgia purposes it would be ok but for modern day shooting why not consider something more common and available....





Look over a rifle chambered in .223, 22-250 or even .243.... many types and variations of rifles can be had in those calibers.....





http://www.6mmbr.com/223Rem.html





http://www.6mmbr.com/243Win.html
I believe Thompson Center offers a barrel for their Encore series of rifles in the Bee. It is a single shot and will run you over a grand for a rifle and barrel combo.





Look at GunBroker.com, they had a few that were in the $400 range.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
tanning products